Forum Miasto Warszawa Online Strona Główna Miasto Warszawa Online
Nasza warszawa Online

POMOCPOMOC   FAQFAQ   SzukajSzukaj   RejestracjaRejestracja 
 ProfilProfil   Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomościZaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości   ZalogujZaloguj 

an Open Era record

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum Miasto Warszawa Online Strona Główna -> Damski Pokój
Zobacz poprzedni temat :: Zobacz następny temat  
Autor Wiadomość
DMT
Nowy w Mieście

PostWysłany: Czw Lip 12, 2018 02:50    Temat postu: an Open Era record Odpowiedz z cytatem

Andy Murray of Britain returns a shot in the group match with Marin Cilic of Croatia at the 2016 ATP World Tour Final at O2 in London Men's Nike Air VaporMax Plus Black , Britain on Nov. 14, 2016. Murray won 2-0. (XinhuaHan Yan)
LONDON, Nov. 14 (Xinhua) -- Andy Murray defeated seventh seed Marin Cilic 6-3, 6-2 in their Group clash for his first victory after climbing to the top of the world rankings at the ATP World Tour Finals in London's O2 Arena on Monday.

In an earlier match, fifth seed Kei Nishikori shocked world No. 3 Stan Wawrinka of Switzerland 6-2, 6-3.

Murray added 200 points with his 12th win over Cilic and now has 11,110 points in the world rankings as he battles Novak Djokovic (10,980) for year-end No. 1.

Enjoying a career-best year, Murray is now 73-9 with eight titles overall and has extended his winning streak to 20 matches since Sept. 20. He will next play Nishikori on Wednesday.

Murray broke twice to take a 3-1 lead while Cilic, who committed 17 unforced errors, looked for a second break, but Murray was able to clinch the 46-minute opener.

In the second set, Murray broke twice in a run of five straight games to wrap up victory in 90 minutes.

"A big thank you for all of the support, it was an incredible atmosphere today," Murray said after the match. "I really appreciate it."

Nishikori, who is playing the year-end finale for the third straight year, needed only 67 minutes to prevail. It is the Japanese star's third victory over Wawrinka in seven meetings.

"I felt very comfortable out there," said Nishikori. "He wasn't playing his best. He made a lot of unforced errors. I see a lot of opportunities today."

Wawrinka, the oldest player in the field at the age of 31, did not create any break point opportunities.

"It was not a great match, compared to what I [know I] can do," said Wawrinka. "It wasn't a great day for myself. In general, I think he played well and put a lot of pressure from the beginning. I don't think I found anything on the court today. I was a little bit slow on everything. I was hesitating a lot with my game [and] my movement."

By Michael Place

SANTOS, Jan. 29 (Xinhua) -- Brazilian striker Gabriel Barbosa has admitted that he made mistakes during disappointing spells with Inter Milan and Benfica as he attempts to kickstart his career at his former club Santos.

Barbosa Women's Nike VaporMax Moc Flyknit Triple Black , nicknamed Gabigol, faced the media on Monday for the first time since securing a 12-month loan with the Brazilian club last week.

"My time in Europe didn't pan out as I'd hoped," Gabigol said. "I didn't have a lot of chances. Every player wants to play and be happy on and off the pitch. I always gave my all Men's Nike Air VaporMax LACELESS Pure Platinum White , like I did at Santos.

"There were times when I overstepped the mark with my behaviour and I realize I was wrong. But I always trained hard to earn a place in the team. Unfortunately that wasn't possible. That's why I decided that it was time to come back to Santos."

Gabigol was considered one of football's brightest talents when Inter Milan signed him from Santos in August 2016 for 28 million euros.

But he failed to impress at the San Siro, scoring just once in 10 matches before being loaned out to Benfica.

He fared later better with the Portuguese side, making just four appearances without scoring a goal.

His period in Europe is perhaps best remembered for the time he stormed off Inter Milan's bench and disappeared into the dressing room during a Serie A match against Lazio Men's Nike Air Vapormax 2018 Black , angry at being an unused substitute.

"That's something you can't do," said a repentant Gabigol. "I apologized the next day. I know that I made mistakes and I assumed responsibility for them. We are all human and we all make mistakes. The best thing you can do is say sorry when you know you're in the wrong."

Gabigol is expected to return for Santos in their Sao Paulo state league match against Palmeiras on Sunday.

He is eager to make an early impression as he targets a place in Brazil's squad for this year's World Cup in Russia.

"My decision to come back has a lot to do with the national team," said Gabigol Men's Nike Air VaporMax Black White , who has scored two goals in four matches for Brazil's senior national team.

"I want to help Santos first of all and the Selecao would be a result of my hard work," he added.

Serena Williams will return to competitive tennis next month when she teams with sister Venus and CoCo Vandeweghe at the Fed Cup.

Serena, who gave birth to daughter Alexis Olympia in September Men's Nike Air VaporMax Grey White , will be competing for the first time since the 2017 Australian Open, where she won her 23rd Grand Slam — an Open Era record.

U.S. Fed Cup captain Kathy Rinaldi announced Tuesday that Serena and Venus Williams will be among the Team USA roster when they face the Netherlands in the Fed Cup on Feb. 10-11 in Asheville, N.C.

The best-of-five match series against the Netherlands will be played on a hard court at the U.S. Cellular Center. This is the first time Asheville has hosted the Fed Cup.

Serena Williams Nike Air VaporMax Moc 2 Sail Anthracite , who has won 23 Grand Slam championships during her storied career, will play her first competitive match in more than a year. Venus Williams, ranked No. 5 in the world Men's Nike Air Huarache City Low Just Do It White Black , has won seven major championships and will also be joined by No. 9 world ranked Coco Vandeweghe on the roster.

Demp Bradford, executive director of the Asheville Buncombe Sports Commission, said the announcement of the U.S. Fed Cup team in Asheville is “incredible.” He said he found out the roster would include the Williams sisters and Vandeweghe on Monday night Men's Nike Air Presto Fly Just Do It Black White , a decision he remarked left him “almost speechless.”

“There’s 30 Grand Slams between the two of them,” he said. “It’s just so exciting to have both Williams sisters here. We were hoping for maybe one. To get both of them here and CoCo, it’s tremendous. Our tennis community has been so tremendous to support .
Powrót do góry
Ogląda profil użytkownika Wyślij prywatną wiadomość
Reklama

Wysłany: Czw Lip 12, 2018 02:50    Temat postu:

Powrót do góry
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum Miasto Warszawa Online Strona Główna -> Damski Pokój Wszystkie czasy w strefie CET (Europa)
Strona 1 z 1
Skocz do: